10/01/2010

CITY IN A SUITCASE

/.


/.

Architectural spaces are in general reduced to images, projections of volumes on planes. What an absurdity! Think a second about what architecture loses when we flatten it on a glossy magazine's corner!
How to balance the loss? How to pass the image in order to show more, to show what is the project's core?
Let's change the medium! Let's represent a three-dimension by another three-dimension!
Though, can we reach, thanks to modelling, the image's level of abstraction? We have to discard superfluity, keep exclusively what is meaningful. Reach the core of the space.
Fit the project in a suitcase
Reduce it
Retain only the essential
Keep the concept
Naked

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I am an architecture student from India. I have to do a case study on the 21st century museum of contemporary art,kanazawa.
    I saw your models and wonder if you could send me some pictures of it for my study.Also if you have any original drawings(pla,sections,elevations)of the building.
    It will help me greatly in my project.
    My email id is shravani.v.rao@gmail.com
    Regards,
    Shravani.

    ReplyDelete